HR Business Partner - Shared Services - Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Date: Aug 8, 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Company: Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Division: Corporate Shared Service
Position Type: Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION Provide Human Resources support and consultation to a variety of corporate business partners within Shared Services. Shared Services includes but is not limited to Legal, Loss Prevention, Marketing, Finance, Real Estate Store Development, Design and Facilities departments. The HR Business Partner will report to the Senior HR Business Partner to share responsibility for these client groups and facilitate department/company growth, impact business strategies, change initiatives and improve productivity. Effectively manage associate relations issues. Facilitate and interpret policy and procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
* Develop a partnership with 350+business client(s) through effective consultation and support that is aligned with business initiatives.
* Provide coaching and counseling to management, associates, and peers in order to enhance individuals and business knowledge.
* Complete needs assessment, design unique programs and delivery methods that meet the needs of the business. Determine need for training and development to address business, morale, or other needs.
* Coordinate on-boarding processes to enhance new associate experience. Includes notifying hiring managers of start dates and responsibilities, building orientation packets, coordinating new hire paperwork and communicating new hire announcements.
* Create reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to associates on key issues and next steps for special projects, e.g. succession planning process, performance management tracking, turnover reporting.
* Facilitates New Hire and Manager Orientation on HR policies and processes.
* Support employee relations through proactive and, as necessary, reactive interventions with employees and management confidentially and fairly.
* Conduct exit interviews, turnover analysis and create action plans to address turnover issues with business partners.
* Develop, support and communicate policies and procedures. Ensure compliance by keeping current with regulatory environment.
* Lead and participate in projects to support global HR initiatives and recognition.
* Participate in staffing and recruiting initiatives. Consult as required regarding decisions involving promotions, terminations, demotions, and transfers.
* Consult with management to support pay for performance philosophy. Coach managers through all aspects of performance management process from goal setting through appraisal and performance counseling process.
* Assist managers to write effective Performance Improvement Plan’s (PIP).
* Coordinate salary analysis, advise management on incentive/variable pay plans, and participate in job design and evaluation. Provide analysis of compensation as it impacts retention strategies.
* Partner with HR Specialist functions (records, staffing, compensation, training etc.) in order to meet various objectives and facilitate resolution of employee issues.
* Performs administrative duties to ensure accuracy of employee records.
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS Requirements/Skills Desired:
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
* 5-7 years professional level Human Resources experience.
* Strong “off-the-cuff” speaker, natural ability to think on one’s feet with conviction.
* Proficient in federal and CA state laws, company policies and procedures.
* Practiced at independently coaching and counseling managers and leadership at all levels on complex and/or unique employee relation situations.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and sensitive situations.
* Working knowledge of various HR concentrations, such as performance/talent management, training and development, HR operations/HRIS, workforce planning, compensation strategies and pay practices, employee benefit programs, etc.
* Must possess strong active listening and critical thinking skills.
* Proven track record of quickly establishing and maintaining productive, trust-based and effective relationships across a variety of levels and with diverse client groups.
* Consistent history of accurately diagnosing and successfully handling employee relations and organizational development issues.
* High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise diplomacy, confidentiality, influence and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
* Resourceful, detail-oriented and results driven.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be a direct, articulate and thoughtful communicator.
* Experienced working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and comfortable with change and ambiguity. Anticipates and strategically plans for changing business needs.
* Proactively recognizes risks and utilizes appropriate resources to achieve results.
* Applies best practices and progressive concepts to projects and consulting.
* Conduct interventions and investigations to resolve employee/manager issues.
* Experienced in conducting analysis and developing and delivering recommendations to leaders.
* Confident facilitating and presenting to groups of various sizes, determines best delivery method.
* Strong computer knowledge and practical experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
* PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Real Estate, Loss Prevention, Sales, Security