Date: Sep 6, 2014
Location: Claremont, NC, US
Company: Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Area of Interest: Accounting - Audit
Division: Manufacturing North Carolina
Position Type: Full Time
Williams-Sonoma Inc.’s Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company. Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. We also own and operate a growing manufacturing base right here in the United States, proudly producing nearly all of the upholstered furniture and much of the lighting sold through our brands. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you are an expert in global logistics, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery and have a passion for quality and customer service, our Supply Chain Organization may just be the place for you.
The primary role of the Director of Accounting is to support management with daily, monthly and annual accounting and financial functions required to run a successful furniture manufacturing company. The Director of Accounting will ensure that internal controls are in place to satisfy SOX compliance and GAAP reporting.
• Responsible for all Accounts Receivable, including intercompany shipments, as well as miscellaneous billings
• Responsible for 3rd party receive invoice reconciliation with Memphis accountant
• Responsible for all Accounts Payable transactions related to domestic and foreign materials and expense items
• Ensure accuracy, timeliness and reconciliation of vendor payments and Accounts Payable reporting (RNI and INR)
• Responsible for processing of weekly payroll and payroll reporting
• Responsible for inventory accounting to include the monitoring of inventory according to financial standards and determination of the acceptable level of process controls to ensure inventory accuracy
• Responsible for inventory counts and WIP review to identify problems and ensure items are moving in a timely and accurate fashion
• Responsible for monthly and annual financial reporting and activities and coordination of these activities with accounting staff, managers and Global Logistics and Corporate parties
• Responsible for working with the Director of Production to aggressively attack variances in the plant and develop actions to reduce or eliminate manufacturing variances in raw materials, fabric consumption, labor and overhead
• Collaborate with IT personnel to ensure that ERP system modifications and updates reflect appropriate accounting requirements
• Serve as primary contact for all accounting related functions with Memphis personnel and accounting department in San Francisco
• Review and provide guidance related to company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with these directives
• Responsible for government and corporate reporting as well as timely processing of business licenses
• Responsible for internal controls and appropriate documentation to ensure compliance with SOX guidelines to include working with auditors for annual audit preparation
• Manage accounting staff to ensure optimal work flow through training and cross-training of staff
• Special projects as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with either a CPA or MBA a plus
• 7-10 years Accounting and General Ledger experience
• 3-5 years Public Accounting experience with supervisory responsibility a plus
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong PC skills
• Working knowledge of large corporate accounting programs
• Ability to analyze data and produce reports to assist operations
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Nearest Major Market: Hickory
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Logistics, Supply, ERP, Management, Engineering, Operations, Technology