Business Systems Analyst II
Date: Sep 9, 2014
Location: City of Industry, CA, US
Company: Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Division: Distribution Center California
Position Type: Full Time
Williams-Sonoma Inc.’s Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company. Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. We also own and operate a growing manufacturing base right here in the United States, proudly producing nearly all of the upholstered furniture and much of the lighting sold through our brands. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly.
Our Distribution Center in the City of Industry, CA is hiring a WebApp Developer/programmer to produce business applications to be hosted in an intranet environment. Successful candidate will work hand in hand with Systems Analyst and business users at all levels to produce code from business requirements. The BSII will assist the DC and supply chain with reporting, analysis and research. Project work will include the replacement and development of a WMS for the Brisbane facility; Inventory Analysis and reporting for the transition to the Dallas facility; supporting 'next gen' hub reporting and ad hoc reporting.
Required Programming Languages
ASP.Net with C#
SQL (MySQL preferred)
Required Design Skills
Object Oriented Design and Programming
Database design with understanding of normalization concepts
Able to read and produce UML and ERD diagrams
Strong understanding of the SDLC
Other Preferred Skills, but not required
Experience with n-tier applications in a distributed and non-distributed environment
Experience with AJAX design concepts
Experience working in a version controlled environment (preferable GIT)
Experience following a Software Process
Experience working in an Agile environment
Experience with testing concepts across the SDLC
Experience performing business analysis to produce business requirements
Required Soft Skills
Able to work in a team environment or independently with little supervision
Able to communicate with business team to revise business requirements
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
* 2-5 years relevant work experience.
* Ability work on projects of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Excellent interpersonal, business communication, and writing skills.
* Able to demonstrate effective use of applications and PCs.
* Customer focused.
* Strong thinking and analysis skills.
* Demonstrated technical adaptability/aptitude.
* Capable of technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
* Proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments
* Ability to use computer for extended period of time.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Programmer, Developer, .NET, Web Design, Technology, Creative